Carelessly tossed cigarette butt ignites blaze at entrance to Village of Pinellas 

A carelessly tossed cigarette butt ignited a blaze Sunday at the entrance to the Village of Pinellas.

The butt landed in the landscaping, setting off a fire and causing smoke at the entrance off County Road 466A near Pinellas Plaza.

Conditions are very dry due to the lack of rain. The Southwest Florida Water Management District recently declared a Phase 1 Water Shortage. You can read more about that HERE

A carelessly tossed cigarette butt ignited a blaze Sunday at the entrance to the Village of Pinellas.
A carelessly tossed cigarette butt ignited a blaze Sunday at the entrance to the Village of Pinellas.
The fire scorched landsacaping behind the Village of Pinellas sign.
The fire scorched landsacaping behind the Village of Pinellas sign.
Jump to Comments
SHARE