Groome Transportation is very pleased to announce the reopening of its airport shuttle service on Nov. 11, 2020. The company is resuming a frequent schedule of round-trip service between The Villages Community and Orlando International Airport (MCO) following a steady increase in air travel.
Similar to new policies and procedures implemented by major airlines, Groome has made changes for the safety and comfort of its customers and employees, including the following:
- Fogging vehicles after every use with a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer and a high-grade, EPA-registered disinfectant which is effective against coronaviruses.
- Making EPA-approved cleaning supplies available to drivers for regular wipe downs of high-touch surfaces.
- Implementing social distancing in vehicles by reducing the number of passengers permitted per vehicle and blocking certain seats.
- Requiring all drivers to wear face masks.
- Requiring all passengers wear face masks or appropriate face covering of their noses and mouths.
- Facilitating a regular supply of fresh, filtered air into the vehicle.
- Training all Groome employees on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“We’re very excited to reopen our operation serving The Villages Community,” said Vince Groome, the third-generation CEO of his family’s business. “When we first opened in February, we were blown away by the positive response and we look forward to welcoming back customers and employees in November. The new policies and procedures we’ve put in place will ensure we continue to provide the safest possible travel experience to and from the Orlando airport.”
Groome Transportation is a leading provider of scheduled transportation