91.3 F
The Villages
Friday, August 5, 2022

To those who call abortion health care

To the Editor:

Abortion is ending the life of an unborn child. I find it hypocrisy that it is constantly referred to as health care. Everyone will argue that abortion should be legal in cases of rape and incest, and will cite examples to argue the point. If we will be sensible about this, we can allow abortions in the case of rape, incest and actual health emergencies to the mother, which by the way are only 2 -5 percent of all abortions according to statistics, and eliminate the other 95% that are done simply as birth control. What a selfish world we have become, that if a life gets in our way of doing what we want. “Health to the mother” has been loosely defined anything you say it is. As an example, I witnessed an emergency room situation where a 16-year old girl was in a severe critical state. The doctor came to the parents and said she had an abortion, and that part of the child was still in her womb causing infection, and needed immediate surgery. the parents were horrified that their daughter had an abortion without their knowledge. I can cite many more examples of how Roe v Wade has been watered down from health of the mother to whatever you say health is. Try birth control – it works a majority of the time. Abortion is not health care, and I am sad that this country has been duped to believe that lie. Don’t believe me, look up the statistics for yourself and you will see that 95 percent of all abortions are merely choice, with 50 percent of them being repeat abortions. How can a so-called compassionate society allow the killing of innocents? Our government is to protect the innocent, not condone baby killing. Today, the most dangerous place for a child is in the womb. God help us.

Allen Wanek
Village of St. Johns

 

More Headlines
Stories in and around The Villages, Florida

Headlines
The Villages, Florida

Letters to the Editor
Opinions submitted by residents in and around The Villages

How stupid do they think we are?

A frequent letter writer from the Village of Mallory Square urges his fellow residents to “save our country” and vote Republican in November.

Biden wants to use Medicaid money for travel for abortions

A Village of Mallory Square resident, in a Letter to the Editor, expresses horror that President Biden wants to dip in Medicaid money to fund travel for abortions.

Our day down at Fenney

A Village of Springdale resident describes a day down at Fenney, some good, some not so good. Read her Letter to the Editor.

Jill Biden’s magazine interview

In a Letter to the Editor, a Village of Summerhill resident offers his opinion on Jill Biden’s recent magazine interview.

Victory in Kansas for reproductive rights

The chairman of the Florida Democratic Party hails Tuesday night’s victory for reproductive rights in Kansas.

Photos
The Villages, Florida