42.6 F
The Villages
Thursday, February 22, 2024

An encounter with an entitled ‘Karen’ at local restaurant

To the Editor:

On Saturday, Feb. 3, my husband and I went to Olive Garden in The Villages on County Road 466 at around 5:30 to 6 p.m. We did not have a reservation which was not problem for us and the hostess said we had a 40-minute wait time, again not a problem.
We went to the bar to have a drink while we waited. There was one seat available at the bar and another, also at the bar on the other side of this couple who were dining at the bar. Having lived in The Villages for 15 years it has been my experience 99 percent of the time that people offer to move 1 seat over so that a couple can sit together, the other 1 percent of the time, they don’t realize what is happening, but if you ask them they will gladly move one seat over.
Not this lady! After 10 Minutes of my 75-year-old husband standing, I politely asked this couple if they would please move down one seat. With a nasty look, I was told by the woman, I AM NOT MOVING! So, my 75-year-old husband stood for 40 minutes until our table was ready.
Please understand, it is not just my husband’s age (let’s face it, we are all senior citizens) that makes this difficult for me to understand, it is the indifference and uncaring attitude from this woman that makes this so difficult for me.
I truly believe if she were to read this, knowing that it is she who behaved this way, she would feel it doesn’t apply to her. What a sad and unfeeling human.

Judy Wilson
Village of Hacienda

 

We shouldn’t all be punished for the actions of one person

A Village of Belvedere resident believes that too many Texas Hold’em players are being punished for the actions of one person. She is pleading with the Recreation Department to let the games continue.

It’s not just the executive courses

In a Letter to the Editor, a Villager describes his embarrassment after taking a guest to play at Evans Prairie Championship Golf Course.

U.S. Sen. Rick Scott’s hypocrisy

A Village of St. Charles resident warns of the hypocrisy of U.S. Sen. Rick Scott. Read her Letter to the Editor.

Handicapped residents of The Villages need games like poker

In a Letter to the Editor, a Hammock at Fenney resident contends that handicapped residents who can’t golf or play pickleball, need activities like poker.

Response to Mr. Dockham’s Letter to the Editor of Jan. 18

A Village of Gilchrist resident, in a Letter to the Editor, responds to a previous letter writer’s claims about the number of COVID-19 deaths.