Grease fire forces brief evacuation of fast-food restaurant in The Villages

The Villages Public Safety Department was on the scene at McDonald’s at Buffalo Ridge Plaza.

Multiple units from The Villages Public Safety Department were called to a fast-food restaurant Thursday morning after a small fire broke out in the kitchen.

Firefighters received the call from the McDonald’s restaurant at 4080 Wedgewood Lane at Buffalo Ridge Plaza at 9:14 a.m. They arrived a short time later and found that employees and customers already had evacuated the eatery.

The small blaze was determined to be a grease fire. It was quickly extinguished and there were no injuries and no damage to the restaurant.

The restaurant was reopened before noon.