Ocala Health is offering a free insurance hotline to assist those who have lost health insurance coverage. Many have lost that coverage due to the economic upheaval caused by the Coronavirus.
The Health Coverage Hotline is available to anyone needing assistance and is live Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (833) 867-8771.
Locally, Ocala Health operates Summerfield ER and Trailwinds Village ER on County Road 466A in Wildwood.
“An important part of our mission is to be there in times of need and to ensure lack of insurance coverage and fears about the COVID-19 virus do not preclude people from receiving the health care they need,” said Chad Christianson, CEO, Ocala Health. “Anyone who needs help navigating health coverage while unemployed or furloughed can call our Health Coverage Hotline. Our experts can help guide them through the complicated insurance landscape to find the best option for them and their specific health needs.”
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing an employer’s existing plan for those who have recently lost a job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse’s benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life changing event like job loss
These services are offered at no cost; Ocala Health is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans.
Ocala Health also includes Ocala Regional Medical Center and West Marion Community Hospital.