The 21st Annual Sheriff Bill Farmer’s Charity Golf Tournament for the Youth of Sumter County is scheduled for June 1 at Tierra Del Sol golf course in The Villages.
The event benefits the youth of Sumter County by promoting sports, community projects and education scholarships.
“Participating in this event gives you the perfect opportunity to provide financial assistance to our children,” Farmer said.
Proceeds from the tourney will go toward:
- College scholarships for high school students pursuing careers in criminal justice;
- Athletic clubs such as Dixie Youth League, Pop Warner, soccer leagues and softball for boys and girls;
- Project Graduation and other school-related clubs;
- the Sumter County Youth Center;
- Science fairs for Sumter County middle and high schools, including The Villages Charter Middle and High Schools;
- Elementary music programs in Sumter County schools; and
- the Positive Behavior Support Program and Math Field Day, both presented through Sumter County Schools.
The tournament is a four-person team step-aside scramble. Shotgun starts will begin at either 7:45 a.m. or 1 p.m. And a continental breakfast or lunch will be provided, depending on a golfer’s start time. You can download a signup form by clicking HERE and/or a sponsorship form by clicking HERE.
A hole-in-one prize car will be sponsored by George Nahas Chevrolet, while a hole-in-one prize golf cart will be provided by The Villages Golf Cars. There also will be door prizes and a silent auction. And golf mulligans will be available at a cost of two for $5 or $20 per team.
Following the event, an awards banquet/dinner will be held at the Savannah Center, located at the corner of Buena Vista Boulevard and El Camino Real.
A combination golf and dinner ticket is $90, while golf only costs $70. Guest tickets for the banquet are $30. A cash bar will open at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7:30.
Those interested in sponsoring this event, playing in the tournament or even making a monetary donation can contact Lt. Robert Siemer or Theresa Cooper at (352) 689-4600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.