A snowbird in a golf cart made a misguided right turn Wednesday afternoon onto County Road 466 and traveled all the way down to the Morse family compound.
The female driver was at the wheel of a red Yamaha golf cart at about 2:30 p.m. heading south on Morse Boulevard when she made the right turn and strayed onto County Road 466. A Sumter County sheriff’s deputy quickly spotted the errant golf cart and initiated a traffic stop. The deputy stopped traffic and helped the driver, who was accompanied by an older female, to safely navigate back onto the appropriate multi-modal path.
There have been plenty of similar incidents here in Florida’s Friendliest Hometown:
• In May, a misguided motorist behind the wheel of a golf cart brought a large line of vehicles to a crawl during busy lunchtime traffic on County Road 466.
• Earlier this year, a lost snowbird was found driving a Yamaha two-seater in the area of Buena Vista Boulevard and County Road 466A.
• This past December, a snowbird looking for the Tierra Del Sol Recreation Center headed east on County Road 466 and made it all the way to U.S. Hwy. 27/441 in Lady Lake before she realized her mistake.
• Last year a Village of Belvedere man got jail time after he drove a golf cart all the way to the intersection of County Road 466 and U.S. 301.
• A Pennsylvania snowbird was also sentenced last year for his trip down County Road 466 in a golf cart.